- Food materials specially formulated to contain specific doses of food allergen that are undetectable by patients by flavour, aroma, texture or appearance
- Designed for optimal blinding (determined by triangle testing) by inclusion of flavouring and texturising agents
- Stability of the allergenic component established for peanut using state-of-the-art mass spectrometry profiling technology and in vitro measures of IgE reactivity using a serum panel from peanut allergic individuals
- Matrix composition ensures optimal availability of the active food allergen upon consumption
- Highly palatable for both children and adults, supporting compliance of full dose consumption
- Shelf-life under ambient conditions of at least nine months, prior to reconstitution
- Provides a ready-for-use solution for effective implementation of oral food challenges in a clinical environment
- Allergen doses are verified using the most precise methodology available.
The current form of the challenge test material is being adapted from one that has been used widely for multi-centre clinical studies - including the EuroPrevall
project where it was used for undertaking double blind placebo controlled food challenges for five foods, including peanuts. This represents a step-change in blinding peanut, delivering a palatable and pleasant oral food challenge material with a homogenous and consistent allergen dose.